DIRECTORS' COORDINATOR – Elected by the directors in the region
1. Represents the interests of regional directors on the RMT.
2. Communicates with directors to assess their needs, provide education, mentoring and resources.
3. Communicates directors' and their chapter needs to Education Coordinator & Regional Management Team as needed.
4. Provides and facilitates a forum for directors at regional events.
5. Schedules Regional faculty visits to choruses.
6. Presents all Requests for Payment for chorus visits, along with receipts, to International for reimbursement to the region as well as presenting them to the Finance Coordinator for reimbursement to faculty.
7. Develops annual budget for Director Coordinator duties.
8. Works with Awards Chair to give Director awards.
9. Communicates regularly with Directors to advertise & encourage attendance at Director Education events, competition involvement, congratulate successes, and represent opportunities available.
10. Provides help and guidance for directors in distress/need.
11. Maintains contact with appropriate staff members at international headquarters.
12. Maintains comprehensive records and forwards materials to successor.
13. Trains her successor.
14. Appoints staff to assist in the implementation of her responsibilities.
1. Experience as associate, assistant, or front-line director
2. Demonstrated knowledge of the barbershop style
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
4. Demonstrated ability to facilitate discussions/meetings
5. Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and present it accurately and effectively
6. Knowledge of directors' needs (information gathering)
7. Knowledge of Director Certification Program (DCP)
8. Negotiation skills
9. Accessible and approachable
Regional YWIH Coordinator is appointed by the Education Coordinator to facilitate youth outreach activities and education.
The coordinator’s position is mainly administrative. She receives information and suggested activities through the international education department at international headquarters.
Her focus is to help chapters inform their local school districts of the availability of the Young Women in Harmony materials and to ensure the visibility of the program by organizing representation at state conventions of NAfME; the National Association for Music Education (formerly MENC).
The Young Women in Harmony coordinator’s position includes publicity for the Rising Star Quartet contest, held annually in conjunction with a regional event. The contest is open to female singers 25 and younger. Regions are encouraged to bid for the ability to host the Rising Star Contest.
Regional coordinators encourage participation and may organize preliminary contests at regional educational events. More information about the Rising Star Quartet contest can be attained by contacting international headquarters.